1) Some items has been paid the deposit last year (sunk cost) ie: Sliding door, wrought iron
2) Few constructions materials incrased in price ie Grill -iron price increased by 40%
Let's see how the fund was raised:
1) RM15, 000- withdrawal of EPF for 'purchase of 1st house' on March 2007. The money was used together with my savings to redeem My ESOS. Redeem ESOS in May 07 while sell the ESOS somewhere Nov 07. I got 5 lot for ESOS and 4 lots used cash while 1 lot credit.
2) RM7 to 9K-ESOS return, can't remember the actual figure
3) RM17,500++- Own savings- still calculating the actual figure
4) RM2.5K ++-Recent bonus- still calculating the actual figure
Note: I didn't touch my saving in TH and investment in Unit Trust.
In a nutshell, I'm grateful my savings is sufficient to cater the cost since I don't have other debt like Car Debt. Only house mortgage is attached to my monthly salary. I'm still happy driving my 92' Saga :D . Even, the new exec in my office didn't believe my car is old Saga. They have more good looking car than me.
I will share another 'story' behind the scene konon2 with regards to this rennovation next week okeyy ;)